2010年7月15日星期四

Tissot Offers High

Featurewise, they are pretty comparable to the SwatchPaparazzi, with two important distinctions:The High-T has a touch crystal, which means rather than jabbing at the modebutton to navigate, you need only gently tap the fine sapphire crystal. I havea T-Touch (which also has a touch crystal), and I love the technology.The High-T has a vibrating alert. Personally, I think this is a fantastic feature.MSN Direct watches are big enough and draw enough attention to themselves asit is that they really don't need to be beeping all the time in response to alarms,appointments, news alerts, and instant messages. A subtle vibration is far morepreferable, if you ask me.The only problem with the High-T is that it's not easy to get your hands on. It'snot that they are in short supply, but Tissots are not sold in your typical malljewelry store. You may have to call around a bit and do some additional drivingto claim one for your own, but believe it, it's worth it.More Tissot news! While I was scouring Tissot's site for additional informationon the Navigator3000, I came across a new look for the High-T. There's no evidence that anythingother than the color of the band has changed, but it certainly makes a dramaticdifference. I thought this was an interesting decision since the High-T is intendedfor a higher-end (read richer), more conservative market while the SwatchPaparazzi has the younger,hipper urban crowd covered (Tissot and Swatch are owned by the same parent company-- Swatch Group), but then I remembered that even the T-Touch isavailable in several different colors, so why not the High-T, as well?In case you're unfamiliar with the High-T, it's my personal favorite MSN Directwatch at this particular moment. Although I don't actually own one (yet!), I haveplayed with them several times in the past, and they are very impressive.